Sure, here’s a simple recipe for a high-protein pizza:
For the Pizza Crust:
- 1 cup of cauliflower florets (or you can use cauliflower rice)
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup of almond flour or coconut flour
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Toppings:
- Tomato sauce or pizza sauce (sugar-free)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (for topping)
- Your choice of high-protein toppings, such as grilled chicken, lean ground turkey, lean ground beef, or tofu
- Vegetables like bell peppers, onions, spinach, or mushrooms
1) Prepare the Cauliflower Crust
Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C).
If you’re using cauliflower florets, pulse them in a food processor until they resemble rice. If you’re using cauliflower rice, you can skip this step.
Steam the cauliflower rice in the microwave or on the stove until it’s tender, then allow it to cool.
Place the cooled cauliflower rice in a clean kitchen towel or cheesecloth and squeeze out as much moisture as possible. This will help the crust hold together.
In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, shredded mozzarella, almond flour, grated Parmesan, egg, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Mix until a dough forms.
2) Bake the Crust
Line a baking sheet or pizza stone with parchment paper.
Place the cauliflower dough on the parchment paper and use your hands to spread it out into a round pizza crust, about 1/4 inch thick. You can make it thicker or thinner to your preference.
Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until it becomes golden brown and firm.
3) Add Toppings
Once the crust is baked, remove it from the oven.
Spread a thin layer of tomato or pizza sauce over the crust.
Add your choice of high-protein toppings and vegetables.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
4) Bake Again
Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly, and the toppings are cooked.
Let the pizza cool for a few minutes, then slice and serve.
This high-protein pizza is a tasty way to satisfy your pizza cravings while incorporating more protein into your diet. You can customize the toppings to suit your preferences and dietary needs. Enjoy!